From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Wolfe Glick and Shintaro Ito are VGC and TCG Masters champions
|| This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
2016 Pokémon World Championships logo
The winners of the 2016 Pokémon World Championships have been decided for the Video Game Championship, Trading Card Game, and Pokkén Tournament. The 2016 Pokémon World Championships was held at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis in San Francisco, California in the United States from August 19 to 21, 2016.
The winners of each division in the Trading Card Game and Video Game earned the title of Pokémon World Champion and a special Pokémon World Championships trophy featuring Pikachu. In addition, World Champions 18 or over have a choice between a scholarship or cash; World Champions under 18 have a choice between a scholarship or a Travel Certificate. For further details on prizes, see the official Pokémon site.
The confirmed winners in each division and the countries they come from are:
Trading Card Game
Trading Card Game Junior Division
- Winner: Shunto S. (Japan)
- Runner-Up: Riku U. (Japan)
Trading Card Game Senior Division
- Winner: Jesper E. (Denmark)
- Runner-Up: Connor P. (United States)
Trading Card Game Masters Division
- Winner: Shintaro Ito (Japan)
- Runner-Up: Cody Walinski (United States)
Video Game Junior Division
- Winner: Cory C. (United States)
- Runner-Up: Shu H. (Japan)
Video Game Senior Division
- Winner: Carson C. (United States)
- Runner-Up: Yuki W. (Japan)
Video Game Masters Division
- Winner: Wolfe Glick (United States)
- Runner-Up: Johnathan Evans (United States)
Pokkén Tournament Senior Division
- Winner: Josh "Woomy!gun" S. (United Kingdom)
- Runner-Up: Dale "Bolimar" C. (United States)
Pokkén Tournament Masters Division
- Winner: Masami "Potetin" Sato (Japan)
- Runner-Up: Takuma "Azazel" Araki (Japan)