From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
2013 Klaczynski Open taking place Labor Day weekend
|| This local article reports on an event in a specific geographical location. It may not be relevant for all readers.
Two time Pokémon Trading Card Game World Champion, Jason Klaczynski, will be hosting the Pokémon Trading Card Game’s first major unsanctioned event. The event will take place in Tinley Park in Chicago, Illinois on Aug. 31 to Sept. 1, 2013 and promises to have a number of exciting elements, including:
- Best 2-of-3 Swiss Rounds (featuring a 75 minute + 3 turn time limit)
- Over 25 booster boxes of the upcoming TCG expansion, Plasma Blast, and more as prizes
- 6 Plasma Blast booster boxes to the Main Event winner
- A custom die to all entrants
- On-stage Top 8 matches projected to jumbo screen
- Live Stream from Kyle "Pooka" Sucevich and The Top Cut
- Custom 1st Place trophies to winners of both events
- An on-site vendor (Top Cut Central) buying and selling Pokémon TCG cards
- Seating for over 300 players
- Win-a-box and Draft Side Events on both days
- Foreign versions of Tropical Beach permitted in decks
- Online deck registration
- Online pairings
Tickets for the main event will be $40 for the main event or $30 for the 14 & under event. Until July 15, tickets may be purchased for $10 off the standard price. Tickets may be purchased here.