From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Pokémon Diamond, Pearl to be showcased
- Reported on Bulbanews by Argy
|| This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Nintendo of Australia announced today the Nintendo DS Connection Tour '07 to visit eight locations across the country between June 30 and July 21.
Members of nintendo.com.au can sign up to receive SMS text messages from Nintendo, including an invitation to the tour. Those signed up to receive messages will receive "an exclusive Pokémon Diamond and Pearl gift at the tour," according to Nintendo.
Players of Diamond and Pearl can sign up on tour dates to participate in the Pokémon Battle Challenge comprised of one-on-one battles. Each battle will take place in Single Battle, Standard Cup, with Standard Cup rules in effect. Pokémon not eligible for entry include Celebi, Deoxys, Dialga, Groudon, Jirachi, Kyogre, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Manaphy, Mewtwo, Mew, Palkia and Rayquaza. Each battle will last a maximum of 10 minutes.
In addition to the above, the following criteria must be met:
- Game must be saved at any Pokémon Center
- Must have at least three Pokémon in one's team
- Pokémon in team cannot be above Level 50
- No more than one of the same Pokémon on a team
- No profanities as names; any offensive names found on the game may result in disqualification
The tour will also feature game stations to play Diamond and Pearl and other Nintendo DS games, a TCG play area, a Pokémon trivia contest and prize giveaways.
Tour dates and locations
Westfield Fountain Gate, Centre Court
- June 30: 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- July 1: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Westfield Southland, Centre Court
- July 2-3: 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Westfield Carindale, Centre Court
- July 6-7: 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Westfield Garden City, Centre Court
Westfield Marion, Centre Court
- July 10-11: 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
New South Wales
Westfield Hurstville, Centre Court
- July 12-13: 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Westfield Chatswood, Centre Court
- July 14: 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- July 15: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Westfield Carousel, Centre Court
- July 20-21: 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m.