From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
TCG, video game finalists in 2010 Pokémon US National Championships
|| This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Michael Diaz, champion of the senior division of the TCG tournament.
Wesley Morioka, champion of the senior division of the video game tournament (left).
The 2010 Pokémon United States National Championships in both the Trading Card Game and video game divisions were held the weekend of June 24 through 27 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana. The winners of the Trading Card Game championship were:
- Champion: Victor Aung (New Jersey)
- Runner-Up: Patrick Lane (Missouri)
- Champion: Michael Diaz (New Jersey)
- Runner-Up: Spencer Brown (Ohio)
- Champion: Con Le (Massachusetts)
- Runner-Up: Erik Nance (North Carolina)
In the video game championship, the winners were:
- Champion: Wade Stanley from San Diego, California
- Runner-Up: Carlos Flores from El Paso, Texas
- Champion: Wesley Morioka from Chicago, Illinois
- Runner-Up: Len Deuel from Dallas, Texas
The winners, along with the top eight in each category in both the TCG and video game tournaments, will advance to the 2010 World Championships to be held in Hawaii this summer. A record 1,300 participants played in the TCG tournament, making this the biggest Pokémon event in history.