User talk:Maverick Nate
- I don't know what "subst" is or what was wrong with how we were doing it without it. I'm not going to argue, I just don't understand, especially now that everyone's talk pages are really cluttered with code. --Argy 19:43, 10 January 2009 (UTC)
- I guess the welcome wasn't used as much as it was on the pedia side. The reason welcome are substituded (the coding goes onto the pages) is beacause if you ever need to update it, the server would have to go to all the talk pages and update each one. We made it policy on Bulbapedia because of how many there were on talk pages. It caused a lot of stress and was one of the reasons for when the server crashed last year. Now that they are subst, it really toned the stress down and made the site run smoother, so to speak. We do it on both the wiki and the archives, so I thought it should be done here as well. Maverick Nate 00:09, 11 January 2009 (UTC)
By the way...
When you said that the outages were over, doublecheck the oekaki and the lesser-known RPGwiki. Both are still down here, and so are BP, BN, Archives, and BMGF, except I have the workaround. Please, even if this may not be your case, it is for some. Thanks, from Mew a.k.a. Prmatt11 22:54, 16 January 2009 (UTC)
- The workaround in the hosts file needs to be repeated for every subdomain. Since it's not in the forum post that is linked to on the Bulbanews Front Page, I assume you didn't add
188.8.131.52 rpg.bulbagarden.netto your hosts file. --nYoo 23:16, 16 January 2009 (UTC)
- I did the workaround for all of the Bulbawiki network. I'm just pointing out that not everyone has the workaround, and even with it the Front Page doesn't show the current news.--Mew a.k.a. Prmatt11 18:52, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
- Also, people wouldn't know about the workaround unless it was during a time the forums were up, as that is where it is. I'll try to spread the workaround online to other sites so that they can access the Bulbawiki network.--Mew a.k.a. Prmatt11 18:55, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
Although you can irk me with this over at Bulbapedia, here I am also an administrator, and definitely have more Bulbanews experience, by over 500 more constructive edits.--Mew a.k.a. Prmatt11 12:30, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- Be prepared for the satanic strike. Maverick Nate 23:09, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
Hey nate, can you please edit The preview revealed the following are following: and remove one following with events. I can't edit the news, so can you please edit it? Thank you. ♫♪AdyNiz♪♫ 12:35, 1 April 2010 (UTC)
- One more request, I forgot to add one main even (sorry for that). Can you please add Sinnoh League will be held in the month of July. This event was also revealed in the preview. ♫♪AdyNiz♪♫ 16:34, 1 April 2010 (UTC)
Well, we had an agreement, so here's some stuff for that article:
- Title: Guessing you meant to use something along the lines of "more" or "additional" instead of just "addition"
- Tagline: "and" → ","
- Additional Information → Information
- removes the Next Destinies link in the end since it's already linked above.
- Link Pokémon names (species articles, general TCG articles, specific card articles, etc.; don't recall which you usually use)
- These you don't really have to:
- remove "th, 2012" after "Feb. 8"
- Add some, even a few, more info if you can. Article's kinda short.
- make to logo bigger to at least take up more of the empty space