From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Victini, Giratina special stages coming soon
|| This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Link to this article
- [url=//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Major_Pok%C3%A9mon_Shuffle_patch_separates_Hearts_into_regenerating_and_bonus] Major Pokémon Shuffle patch separates Hearts into regenerating and bonus[/url]
- <a href="//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Major_Pok%C3%A9mon_Shuffle_patch_separates_Hearts_into_regenerating_and_bonus"> Major Pokémon Shuffle patch separates Hearts into regenerating and bonus</a>
The appearance of the top screen in v1.2
A patch for Pokémon Shuffle has been released that brings the game up to v1.2. This major patch must be downloaded from the eShop, and adds several new features.
v1.2.0 must be downloaded from the Nintendo 3DS eShop. Using the "check in" function also provides a shortcut to the eShop page.
v1.2.1 is a minor update that can be downloaded through the "check in" function. It restores access to special stages. Unlike v1.1, the player's rankings of special stages are retained.
- Hearts are separated into regenerating Hearts and bonus Hearts (obtained either from StreetPass or exchanging Jewels). Regenerating Hearts are capped at 5, and will always be used instead of the bonus Hearts if there are any. Any Hearts the player had before the update are now treated as bonus Hearts, and the player's regenerating Hearts start off at 5 after installing the update.
- After successfully completing a stage, if the player fails to catch a Pokémon with their first Poké Ball (before using a Great Ball), they have a chance of being offered a "Super Catch Power". This Super Catch Power provides a somewhat random boost on top of the Great Ball's boost (the player still uses a Great Ball, and can use the same number of Great Balls as they could without the "Super Catch Power").
- A candy icon now appears in the top right corner of Mega Effect descriptions, with "0/x" next to it (the value of x depends on the species of the Pokémon; it differs even between Pokémon with the same Mega Effect). The function of this icon has not yet been revealed.
- The combo counter now appears for a slightly longer time.
- A new Victini special stage will be available on Saturdays. It can only be played once per day and is limited to 7 moves. It is described as easier for new players than the Ampharos and Buneary stages, and yields lots of experience points. Victini is Psychic-type and has 80 attack power at level 1.
- The special stage "Meowth's Coin Mania" will now only appear on Sundays.
- A Giratina (Altered Forme) special stage will be available in the future. It is limited to 18 moves. Giratina is Ghost-type.
- Levels and experience points are now displayed on the Optimize screen.
- After successfully catching a Pokémon, its attack power and Skill are now displayed.
- The Skill "Block Bash" has been renamed "Block Smash".
- If the player leaves a stage select screen and later returns to it, it will reappear exactly as the player left it. Previously, the screen would be focused on the last available stage in that category.
- The unused Skills "Fearless" and "Disrupt Buster" no longer appear in the dropdown list when searching by Skill. However, they have not been removed from the game.
Bug fixes and cheating prevention
- New mechanics added to detect cheating and remove such entries from Competitive Stages, and possibly prevent those players from taking part altogether.
- Prevents going to the Home menu by the Home button during timed stages. Previously, this exploit could be used to view the board without a timer in both expert stages and Competitive Stages.
- Fixes a bug which caused some non-Mega Evolved icons of the lead Pokémon to appear after Mega Evolution on Stage 176: Timburr.
- Fixes a bug which prevented Mewtwo from mega Evolving into Mega Mewtwo Y, and from being selected as the lead Pokémon when using the Optimize button.