From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon sequels top selling game for the DS; Super Smash Bros. Brawl passes three million mark
|| This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Link to this article
- [url=//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/NPD_Group_releases_April_gaming_sales_stats] NPD Group releases April gaming sales stats[/url]
- <a href="//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/NPD_Group_releases_April_gaming_sales_stats"> NPD Group releases April gaming sales stats</a>
The NPD Group has released video game sales data for the month of April 2008. Despite the launch of Grand Theft Auto IV on competing systems, Nintendo hardware and software managed to perform well salewise.
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness, which debuted on April 20, were the top two selling titles for the Nintendo DS for the month of April. Each title sold over 200,000 copies. Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii sold another 326,000 to reach over three million sold. The top selling game for Nintendo platforms was Mario Kart Wii, the second best selling game of the month.
The Wii was the top game system in April, selling more than 714,000 units, over three times the number of consoles purchased for either the XBox 360 or the Playstation 3. The Nintendo DS was the second best selling system, pushing over 414,000 units to consumers.
Top 10 selling games, April 2008
- Grand Theft Auto IV - 1.85 million
- Mario Kart Wii - 1.12 million
- Grand Theft Auto IV (Playstation 3) 1.00 million
- Wii Play - 360,000
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 326,000
- Gran Turismo 5: Prologue - 224,000
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness - 202,000
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time - 202,000
- Guitar Hero III (Wii) - 152,000
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (XBox 360) - 141,000
Game system sales, April 2008
- Nintendo Wii - 714,200
- Nintendo DS - 414,800
- Playstation Portable - 192,700
- Xbox 360 - 188,000
- Playstation 3 - 187,100
- Playstation 2 - 124,400