From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Pokémon Diamond and Pearl top sellers for the month; Nintendo DS and Wii continue to outsell all competitors
|| This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Link to this article
- [url=//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/NPD_Group_sales_data_for_April_2007_revealed] NPD Group sales data for April 2007 revealed[/url]
- <a href="//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/NPD_Group_sales_data_for_April_2007_revealed"> NPD Group sales data for April 2007 revealed</a>
The NPD Group has released video games sales data for the month of April 2007. The data points to the strength of Pokémon franchise and the dominance of Nintendo's gaming platforms.
Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, which debuted on April 22, are the top two selling titles for the month of April. The Diamond version proved to be the more popular version, selling 1.045 million copies. The Pearl version, while selling 712 thousand copies, has sold double the 3rd top selling game, Super Paper Mario for the Wii.
As for the Pokémon Diamond and Pearl's gaming platform, the Nintendo DS, it is the top selling platform, selling 471 thousand units. Following that is the Wii, home to the upcoming Pokémon Battle Revolution, selling 360 thousand units.
Top Ten Selling Games
1. Pokemon Diamond - 1.04M
2. Pokemon Pearl - 712K
3. Super Paper Mario - 352K
4. Wii Play - 249K
5. Guitar Hero 2 w/ guitar (Xbox 360) - 197K
6. Guitar Hero 2 w/ guitar (Playstation 2) - 142K
7. Spider-Man 3 (Xbox 360) - 117K
8. Spider-Man 3 (Playstation 2) - 105K
9. God of War 2 (Playstation 2) - 101K
10. MLB '07 The Show (PS2) - 79K
Console and Handheld sales
1. Nintendo DS - 471K
2. Wii - 360K
3. PlayStation 2 - 194K
4. PlayStation Portable - 183K
5. Xbox 360 - 174K
6. Game Boy Advance - 84K
7. PlayStation 3 - 82K
8. GameCube - 13K