Talk:Apple iPhone Application infringes on Bulbapedia license
Put up a line in the .htaccess that catches the user agent and sends them to a "You've been ripped off" page or something. --Navarr 02:01, 15 October 2009 (UTC)
- Good idea.--Mtn otter 11:42, 15 October 2009 (UTC)
- But it won't necessarily work; a browser (Pokedex App is one, in a way) can set its user agent to pretty much anything; they can imitate a known browser so the blocking of the user agent would also affect innocent people using normal software. UltimateSephiroth 15:14, 15 October 2009 (UTC)
Is there any way we could sue IPhone for this?--Mtn otter 12:04, 15 October 2009 (UTC)
- Can Bulbapedia report this issue to Apple? --Swampert 12:33, 15 October 2009 (UTC)
- There is a way to report apps for violations, but I cannot find the link. It seems like a good reason to pull the app, though. --Ceolwulf 16:06, 15 October 2009 (UTC)
Add a random Recaptcha
Each time a Pokemon page is accessed, call a Recaptcha. Then set a cookie for i.e 15 minutes. When the cookie expires, display the recaptcha again. Or just display it once. Let's see them implement Recaptcha in that tiiiiny screen. >:)
--Angelsl 14:29, 15 October 2009 (UTC)
- I think that's good for a temporary measure, to stop the server strain while you get it pulled for legal reasons. Spriteless 18:01, 15 October 2009 (UTC)
I have a problem with some of the advertisements you put up on this site. I'm 13, I don't want to be asked if i want to find a 'hot russian woman'
- Feel free to use another website with less invasive advertisements. Off the top of my head, Serebii.net and veekun.com have nearly all the same game data, and Serebii.net even has most of the anime data as well. If noone visits websites with these ads, then noone will make a profit by posting them.
- Although, I don't see how this complaint goes here, rather than, say, in an administrator's talk page.Spriteless 20:29, 15 October 2009 (UTC)