From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
|| This is a feature article. If you're using this, it's probably the wrong tag. Try again.
Link to this article
- [url=//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/This_week_in_Japan:_July_28_-_August_4,_2005] This week in Japan: July 28 - August 4, 2005[/url]
- <a href="//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/This_week_in_Japan:_July_28_-_August_4,_2005"> This week in Japan: July 28 - August 4, 2005</a>
PokéSpecial manga popularity contest begins
The PokéSpecial manga popularity contest began on August 1. After the results are revealed, those who voted for the number one character will be eligible to win a signed colour shikishi card from the manga creators! Cast your vote here. Anyone can enter, but be forewarned that only members of the NetKun Club are eligible to win the autographed shikishi card. Registration to the club is free.
Additional Pokémon XD information revealed
- Players receive their PDAs from Professor Krane shortly after starting the game.
- The PDA has Battle Memos and a Dark Pokémon Monitor built into it.
- Players receive their snag machines from Professor Krane during a particular in-game event.
- Confirmed snaggable Pokémon in the early game: Teddisura, Ledyba, Poochyena, Baltoy, Houndour, Spheal, Seedot, Mareep, Gulpin.
- Each of the legendary bird Pokémon has its own special Dark move (Dark Fire, Dark Thunder, and Dark Freeze respectively), and Lugia has Dark Blast. Each of the attacks additionally does the status condition (Burn, Paralyze, or Freeze), but it is unknown if the likelihood of being inflicted with these conditions is the normal ten percent or an absolute 100 percent.
- In the PokéSpot where players can catch wild Pokémon, the food has been confirmed to be the PokéManma, which may be word play of the Japanese dessert suama. This food can be used at a variety of PokéSpots to lure out wild Pokémon to capture.
- In the BattleDisc minigame, each disc contains different victory conditions (i.e. defeat the opponent in two turns), and some include battles with legendary Pokémon.
- The minigame Battle de Bingo, players can battle or capture the various opponents they choose to battle by selecting boxes on the bingo card. Each card has a set roster players use to battle with, and when they get a line on the bingo card, they receive coupons depending on the number of bingo lines they completed.
- PokéCoupons can be exchanged in a similar fashion as in Pokémon Colosseum.