From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
ポケモンレンジャーと蒼海の王子: Pokémon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea
- Thursday, December 8, 2005
||This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
The title of the 2006 Pokémon movie was revealed earlier today on the TV Tokyo children's program, Oha Star, hosted by Kōichi Yamadera: ポケモンレンジャーと蒼海の王子 Pokémon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea.
The full title of the movie is 劇場版ポケットモンスターアドバンスジェネレーション ポケモンレンジャーと蒼海の王子 - Theatrical Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation: Pokémon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea. As with previous movie titles, there is an unusual word in the title: 蒼海 blue waters. It is typically read sōkai, but is here given the reading umi, as in sea or ocean.
Two posters have been revealed: one depicts Kyogre and a blond Pokémon Ranger, the other depicts Pikachu riding on Wailmer.
- With the series title Advanced Generation, it is assumed that Satoshi will be the main character.
- The stage is the sea.
- The main Pokémon could be Kyogre, though it could also be an as-yet unrevealed Pokémon.
- Does the blond male Pokémon Ranger hold the key?
- Is the Wailmer a Pokémon of the blond male?
- The teaser starts off in a laboratory-like place - a submarine?
- "Far, far away, somewhere in this sea, a legendary Pokémon that no-one has seen before is sleeping..."
- Exploring the seabed? Then suddenly a school of Remoraid and Luvdisc cross the screen, and right in front, Kyogre appears.
- Then the scene changes to the beach, where the blond male Pokémon Ranger is using a capture styler to capture the Mantine in the sea, jumping from one to another.
- Ranger: "Capture: On!"
- Satoshi and Pikachu appear.
- Satoshi: "That's a Pokémon Ranger...?"
- Holding on to the Mantine as if like a hang-glider, the Pokémon Ranger goes into the sea.
- Ranger: "I'm counting on you! Mantine!"
- A mysterious orb drops to the bottom of the ocean as the title is revealed: Theatrical Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation: Pokémon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea.