From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Details on new Global Link unveiled
|| This article is breaking news. Some contents may change—be sure to check back regularly.
Link to this article
- [url=//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/English_names_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_and_NPCs_revealed_in_CoroCoro_announced] English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced[/url]
- <a href="//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/English_names_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_and_NPCs_revealed_in_CoroCoro_announced"> English names of Pokémon and NPCs revealed in CoroCoro announced</a>
The English names of the Pokémon and NPCs that were revealed in CoroCoro have been announced. In addition, information about the new Global Link has been revealed.
Goronda is known as Pangoro in English. It is the evolved form of Pancham and while it has a short temper, it believes in fairness and doesn't forgive those who pick on the weak. The leaf in Pangoro's mouth can predict its opponent's moves.
Māīka is known as Inkay in English. It uses the transmitters above its eyes to drain the will to fight from other Pokémon; if attacked by stronger enemies, it uses this skill then runs and hides. It can use the Dark-type move Topsy-Turvy, which reverses all stat changes.
Karamanero is known as Malamar in English. It has powerful hypnotic powers which it uses to control its opponents. It has different stats to Inkay.
Peroppafu is known as Swirlix in English. It only eats sweets, which causes its body to be sweet and sticky like cotton candy. It has the Ability Sweet Veil, which prevents allies from falling asleep. It can also learn the Fairy-type move Draining Kiss, which does damage and restores HP.
Shushupu is known as Spritzee in English. It emits a fragrance which puts all who smell it under Spritzee's spell.
Zakuro is known as Grant in English, and excels at many sports, including bike racing and mountain climbing. Citron is known as Clemont in English, is a young Gym Leader who loves inventing things; he is accompanied by his younger sister, Bonnie. Professor Platane is called Professor Sycamore in English; his full name is Professor Augustine Sycamore. Team Flare retain their Japanese name, and are seen considering restoring Fossils to make money.
Xerneas's signature move is known as Geomancy in English, and its Ability, which increases the power of all Fairy-type moves, is still known as Fairy Aura in English. Yveltal's signature move is known as Oblivion Wing in English, and its Ability, which increases the power of all Dark-type moves, is still known as Dark Aura in English.
The new Pokémon Global Link will open on October 12 with the release of the new games, after the old Global Link closes for maintenance on October 1.
By using Game Sync with the Pokémon Global Link, information about the players activities in the game will be recorded. Depending on the selected privacy settings, this timeline may be visible to others and shareable on social networking sites.
Players who participate in the 2013 Global Showdown will receive priority for participation in the Pokémon X and Y Global Link test competition.
In the Global Trade Station, unlike in previous games, players can request Pokémon they have not seen yet.
Miracle Trade is known as Wonder Trade in English. Using Wonder Trade, players instantly trade with another player who offered a Pokémon somewhere else in the world.
O-Powers are temporary boosts that the player can apply to themselves or give to others. They boost things such as the active Pokémon's Attack or experience gain, similarly to Pass Powers. Also like Pass Powers, if someone uses an O-Power, nearby players can also activate that O-Power. However, O-Powers can also be specifically gifted to other players.
Similar to the C-Gear, players can send out a message to all nearby players and online friends, called a Shout-Out.
In certain beautiful locations called Photo Spots, players can take photos. When taking these photos, aperture, shutter speed, brightness, and other features can be adjusted. Tilting the 3DS will change the angle of the photo. The focus and zoom can be adjusted as well. These pictures can be added to the player's homepage on the Pokémon Global Link.
There are now 12 characters allocated for text entry boxes. The Thunderstone has been reformatted as Thunder Stone.
Yveltal using Oblivion Wing
Swirlix using Draining Kiss
Spritzee using Aromatherapy
| “ BELLEVUE, WA—July 12, 2013—The Pokémon Company International revealed new details about Legendary Pokémon Xerneas and Yveltal today, including their types. Fairy-type Pokémon Xerneas will know Geomancy, a new move exclusive to Xerneas. Yveltal, a Dark- and Flying-type Pokémon, is the only Pokémon that knows the new move Oblivion Wing. Players can encounter Xerneas in Pokémon X and Yveltal in Pokémon Ywhen the video games launch worldwide on October 12, 2013, for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Details of New Legendary Pokémon Xerneas and Yveltal Revealed!
· Xerneas is a Fairy-type—a brand-new type being introduced in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Watch the awe-inspiring beauty of Xerneas’ exclusive move, Geomancy, which features rainbow-colored light that erupts from the earth around it. Xerneas has the special Ability Fairy Aura, which naturally takes effect in battle, strengthening Fairy-type moves for all Pokémon in battle. Be careful, because Fairy Aura also has a positive effect on opposing Pokémon that know Fairy-type moves.
· Dark- and Flying-type Yveltal is the only Pokémon that can learn the move Oblivion Wing, which sends Yveltal flying high into the sky to release a powerful beam of red light that scorches the ground below. The Destruction Pokémon’s special Ability, Dark Aura, is a counterpoint to Fairy Aura, raising the strength of Dark-type moves for all Pokémon in battle. This Ability is powerfully effective in Double and Triple Battles when facing multiple opponents simultaneously. So, when Yveltal is in battle, it’s smart for players to fill their team with Pokémon that can use Dark-type moves.
More never-before-seen Pokémon that players will encounter in the Kalos region, including some that are unique to either Pokémon X or Pokémon Y, have been announced this morning. You can check them out at Pokemon.com/XY.
- It is now known that Fighting- and Dark-type Pangoro evolves from spunky little Pancham. This evolved Pokémon has a violent temperament, but it also believes in fairness and does not forgive those who pick on the weak. The leaf Pangoro carries in its mouth can predict its opponent’s moves. By waving its strong, heavy arms, Pangoro uses the Fighting-type move Hammer Arm to inflict great damage on opponents. It does lower the user’s Speed, but Hammer Arm’s power is tremendous.
- Players will encounter Inkay in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. This Dark- and Psychic-type Pokémon has the ability to drain other Pokémon’s will to fight by flashing the transmitters above its eyes—giving Inkay the opportunity either to attack its foes or to hide from them. It’s said that the flashing emitted from Inkay’s transmitters can also be used to communicate with its friends. Inkay can learn a new Dark-type move, Topsy-Turvy, a tricky move that will reverse all of the stat changes that are affecting a target. For instance, if opponents increase their Attack and Defense stats during battle, it will suddenly come back to bite them when Topsy-Turvy is used.
- The Dark- and Psychic-type Pokémon Malamar is the evolved form of Inkay and may have the strongest hypnotic force of any known Pokémon, helping it to bend opponents to its will. As a result, humans with ill intentions try to use Malamar to aid in their devious plots. Malamar can learn the Psychic-type move Hypnosis, which leaves opponents asleep and for the most part unable to take any actions during battle.
- The Fairy-type Pokémon Swirlix, which can only be captured in Pokémon X, comes with the new Ability Sweet Veil that keeps Pokémon on the same team from being left asleep in battle. Use Swirlix when facing Double and Triple Battles featuring Pokémon that know moves like Hypnosis. Swirlix can learn the new Fairy-type move Draining Kiss, which does damage to a target while also restoring some HP to the user. Battles will be much easier when you can attack an opponent with Draining Kiss and restore your Pokémon’s health at the same time. Swirlix only eats sweets, causing its body to be sweet and sticky, like cotton candy.
- Only available for capture in Pokémon Y, the new Fairy-type Pokémon Spritzee emits a unique fragrance that causes anyone who smells it to fall under its spell. Spritzee can learn the Grass-type move Aromatherapy, which causes a Pokémon to exude a relaxing fragrance that heals its allies’ status conditions, such as sleep and poison.
- It is now known that the previously announced Water-type Pokémon Clauncher can only be captured in Pokémon X, and the Poison- and Water-type Pokémon Skrelp can only be captured in Pokémon Y.
Introducing More People You’ll Meet on Your Adventure through the Kalos Region
Professor Augustine Sycamore will entrust you and your friends with Pokémon and send everyone out on a Pokédex-filling adventure throughout the Kalos region. Along the way, players will encounter a mysterious organization called Team Flare. This strange and fashionable group shows up in cities around the Kalos region—what could their motive be?
Two new Gym Leaders have been introduced today, joining the Santalune City Gym Leader, Viola. Grant is a Gym Leader who excels at bike racing, mountain climbing, and many other sports. When they meet Grant, players will be facing a Trainer with a strong heart. Clemont, accompanied by his sister, Bonnie, is a young Gym Leader who loves science. Clemont gets extremely excited by the many devices he invents.
Also introduced is a new game feature called O-Powers that allows players the ability to easily power up Pokémon in their party and provides other benefits in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. O-Powers are special powers that come in various forms and can be shared between players via the new Player Search System, or PSS. Sharing O-Powers with someone you’ve connected with locally or through the Internet is accomplished by tapping a player on the Touch Screen. Some O-Powers will temporarily increase a Pokémon’s stats, while others make it easier to catch wild Pokémon or increase the Experience Points gained in battle.
For players of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y who want to add a little thrill to their Pokémon trades, Wonder Trade allows players to instantly trade a Pokémon for one offered by someone else in the world. The catch? Players will make the trade without knowing which Pokémon they’ll get in return. You might receive an unexpected rare Pokémon or one that will add strength to your Pokémon party! ”
| -- The Pokémon Company International