Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service to end in May for Wii, Nintendo DS, DSi systems
Starting May 20, 2014, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service will no longer be available for the Wii, Nintendo DS, and Nintendo DSi systems and the games that use the Wi-Fi Connection service. This will affect features such as the Global Trade Station, online trading via Wi-Fi connection, Mystery Gift downloads and other downloads that require Wi-Fi connection.
This will not affect the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, and the Wi-Fi will not work if the older games are used on these two systems. This will not affect transfers between the older generations using Poké Transfer, and will not affect the use of Poké Transporter.
These Pokémon games on the Wii, Nintendo DS, and Nintendo DSi will be affected by the shutdown of the service:
- Pokémon Black and White
- Pokémon Black 2 and White 2
- Pokémon Diamond and Pearl
- Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
- Pokémon Platinum
- Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs
- Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
- Pokémon Battle Revolution
- My Pokémon Ranch
Other Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi, and Wii games will also be affected that use the Wi-Fi connection service.