From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
To be replaced with new loyalty program
Club Nintendo will be closed this year, being phased out throughout this year in anticipation of a new loyalty program.
North American Club Nintendo
- Jan. 20, 2015: In North America, products released after this date will no longer contain Club Nintendo PIN codes.
- March 31, 2015: This is the last day Coins can be earned (including product registration and surveys). Digital products will no longer be registered to Club Nintendo. It is also the last day users can create an account on the North American Club Nintendo.
- June 30, 2015: This date is the last day Coins can be redeemed on the North American Club Nintendo. The service completely shuts down at 11:59 pm.
- July 31, 2015: All download codes for digital games obtained from Club Nintendo expire on this date.
"Dozens" of downloadable games and a limited quantity of exclusive items will be added to the North American Club Nintendo catalog in February to allow users to use up their remaining Coins.
Users that earn 300 Coins (for Gold Status) or 600 Coins (for Platinum Status) between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015 will be given 2015 Elite Status, which allows them to choose a free downloadable game for Nintendo 3DS or Wii U. The gift can be chosen between April 1 and April 30, 2015. The list of games will be posted here after being announced.
All North American Club Nintendo members will receive a free download code for Flipnote Studio 3D in February.
European Club Nintendo
- April 1, 2015: In Europe, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand, products released starting from this date will no longer contain Club Nintendo PIN codes.
- April 20, 2015: Starting on this date, users can no longer register digital products nor the Wii U console on the European Club Nintendo (both of which are done without using Club Nintendo PIN codes); as such, software obtained from the eShop after this date will not appear in the "My Registered Games & Systems" page on the Club Nintendo website. Starting from this date, surveys for download software titles will no longer be available.
- September 30, 2015: The European Club Nintendo service completely shuts down. This is the last day users can register new accounts, log into existing accounts, complete post-play surveys, register products for Stars, or exchange Stars for rewards.
Nintendo promises to add additional "unique and exclusive" items to the European Club Nintendo catalogue over the coming months to allow users to use up their remaining Stars.
European users who sign up for the new loyalty program during the launch period will receive a free download code for Flipnote Studio 3D.
Japanese Club Nintendo
- February 1, 2015: In Japan, products released starting from this date will no longer contain Club Nintendo PIN codes.
- April 20, 2015: Points can no longer be earned. It is also the last day users can create an account on the Japanese Club Nintendo.
- September 30, 2015: The Japanese Club Nintendo service completely shuts down. This is the last day users can register new accounts, log into existing accounts, complete post-play surveys, register products for Stars, or exchange points for rewards.
To allow users to use up their remaining points, Nintendo has added several items to the Japanese Club Nintendo catalog, and will continue to do so. The newly added items are Mario & Yoshi Cards and Case, Kirby Lap Blanket, Colorful Canvas Box, 20 Virtual Console games, and ¥4000 eShop credit.
The exclusive game Nikki's Travelling Quiz will be available for Japanese Club Nintendo members digitally for 80 points. This game does not have a set release date.