From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Runs until January 9
- Tuesday, December 27, 2016
|| This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
The second global mission for Pokémon Sun and Moon is now live. In this global mission, players have to defeat or catch Pokémon using the Island Scan function. The global mission runs until January 9, 2017.
If all players worldwide find a total of 1 million Pokémon using Island Scan, all participants will receive 2,017 Festival Coins (in honor of the new year). If the goal is not met, all participants will receive 217 Festival Coins. Participants who have registered their Game Sync ID at the Pokémon Global Link will earn double the Festival Coins: 434 Festival Coins if the goal is not met or 4,034 Festival Coins if it is.
To use Island Scan, the player must have a total of 100 points earned by scanning QR Codes. Most QR Codes give 10 points, but some QR Codes (like those listed below) give 20 points instead. Island Scan can only be used once per day.
To join the global mission:
- Enter Festival Plaza in Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon by selecting it in your in-game menu, which you’ll find by pressing the X Button.
- Enter Festival Plaza’s central castle.
- Speak to the global mission receptionist on the right and let her know you want to participate in the global mission.
- Remember to return before the mission ends to sync your game to add to the global count! Once you are participating in the global mission, talk to the receptionist to have your progress sent to the server. Also, if you have registered your game to a PGL account, simply connecting to the Internet while in Festival Plaza will cause your game to sync automatically, which will send your progress to the server.