From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Pokémon Comaster gets international releases
- Tuesday, January 24, 2017
|| This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
The previously Japan-exclusive freemium mobile game Pokémon Comaster has been released internationally under the title Pokémon Duel.
Pokémon Duel is a board game-like game of strategy and tactics using Pokémon figures. Players collect and build their own deck from a large range of figures with different characteristics. Each player moves figures, aiming to reach their opponent's goal first. Pokémon Duel allows both online and local multiplayer. The game plays very similarly to the Pokémon Trading Figure Game.
The game is available in Argentina, Australia, Belarus, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Kazakstan, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Macau, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam.
The game is only available in Japanese and English.
The game is available on the iOS App Store here and Google Play here.
| “ BELLEVUE, Wash.—January 24, 2017—The Pokémon Company International announced today that Pokémon Duel is now available for download at no charge on the App Store and on Google Play.
Pokémon Duel is an exciting mobile strategy game in which fans deploy digital Pokémon figures and battle based on strategic moves to reach a goal in the opponent’s territory. Pokémon Duel gameplay details follow:
- By strategically assembling their team of six Pokémon, each with its own strengths and a set number of steps it can take, players can take different routes to rush toward the goal or block the opponent’s Pokémon from advancing.
- When two Pokémon from opposing teams meet, a battle commences, and the players spin each Pokémon’s Data Disk to see which Attack each Pokémon will use.
- In addition to moving Pokémon and battling, players will also be able to use a plate at the start of their turn. These plates have various effects, including swapping positions of Pokémon in play and giving their Pokémon various battle enhancements for that turn.
- The player who reaches their goal first wins the duel.
Players can duel against real opponents at any time by tapping League Match on the Home screen. They will then be automatically matched, according to skill, with other players around the world. A variety of items, including Pokémon figures, can be earned through Time Boosters that are unlocked with every League victory. Winning League matches also increases the player’s rating and provides a chance to get different Pokémon figures as they compete in higher-level leagues.
More plates and Boosters can be purchased at the Shop within the app. Materials collected from purchased Boosters can be traded for desired Pokémon. In-game currency known as Gems can be purchased at the Shop or earned in several ways, such as by playing Pokémon Duel daily and clearing missions. ”
| -- The Pokémon Company International