From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Boston Open to occur on August 22
|| This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Link to this article
- [url=//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/2015_World_Championships_side_event_announced] 2015 World Championships side event announced[/url]
- <a href="//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/2015_World_Championships_side_event_announced"> 2015 World Championships side event announced</a>
Pokémon World Championships 2015 logo
The Boston Open was announced as a side event to the 2015 Pokémon World Championships, occurring on Saturday, August 22. The event is open to all, but there will be limited space and players must register on site beforehand. Registration is open 9:30-10:30 a.m. on Saturday for the video game event and 7–8 p.m. on Friday and 8:30–9 a.m. on Saturday for the TCG event.
The event will be done in Standard format for both the video game and TCG events, with the 2015 Play! Pokémon season's rotation used in the TCG event. Competitors will be divided into four separate flights, with each flight holding up to a maximum of 128 Masters, 64 Seniors, and 64 Junior Division players. The top players of each flight will compete against each other in single-elimination rounds on Sunday morning.
Championship Points, counting towards entry into the 2016 Pokémon World Championships, will be distributed to competitors in the same way as the 2015 Regional Championships event. The point distribution can be seen here. Top finishers will also be awarded Pokémon TCG booster packs.
Additionally, the live streaming schedule for the 2015 World Championships was announced. Times are listed in Eastern time, or UTC -4.
Friday, August 21
- Opening ceremony - 9 a.m.
- Pokémon video game event - 9:30 a.m.
- Pokémon TCG event - 3 p.m.
Saturday, August 22
- Pokémon TCG event - 9 a.m.
- Pokémon video game - 12 p.m.
- Pokémon TCG event - 6 p.m.
Sunday, August 23
- Pokémon TCG event finals - 9 a.m.
- Pokémon video game event finals - 3 p.m.