From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
"Daybreak Meteor Shower" to be sung by SCANDAL
|| This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Link to this article
- [url=//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ending_song_announced_for_17th_movie] Ending song announced for 17th movie[/url]
- <a href="//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ending_song_announced_for_17th_movie"> Ending song announced for 17th movie</a>
The ending song for the 17th movie has been announced. 「夜明けの流星群」"Daybreak Meteor Shower" will be sung by the Japanese band SCANDAL.
Part of the song will be played during the trailer that will be played in theaters starting April 19. The trailer will only be shown in theaters. The single for the song will be released on July 16.
SCANDAL members' comment quotes
- Haruna: When I heard that we would be in charge of the theme song for this year's movie, I was so happy that I could've just leapt into the air. We were part of the 'First Generation' of Pokémon, and I still clearly remember waiting in excitement with my friends for the first Pokémon movie, "Mewtwo Strikes Back", to be released over summer vacation. Pokémon movies have come to be loved by many children along the years, and just like that memory stayed in our minds, we'll do all we can to make sure that our song becomes a memory that burns itself into the minds of the children of the future.
- Tomomi: When I was a primary school student, all that everyone talked about at break time was Pokémon. It really was a huge part of our youth. There will be lots of children for whom this year's "Pokémon The Movie XY The Cocoon of Destruction and Diancie" will be their first movie. We put our hearts and souls into creating the theme song so that they can leave the cinema with the same excitement and emotions that we felt if not more. I hope you'll stay and watch to the very end.
- Mami: The first movie I ever saw was Pokémon. Even now I can remember the intensity that made it seem like the Pokémon were about to jump out of the screen, and feeling like I was being sucked into the movie's world and crying along with it. I'm a big fan of the Pokémon games too, and have played everything from "Pokémon Red and Green", "Pokémon Blue" through to the latest games, "Pokémon X and Y", so Pokémon is an irreplaceable part of my life, and I'm very glad to be a part of it! I hope that our song can help cheer on Pokemon to reach even further!
- Rina: We'll be in charge of the theme song for this year's movie, "Pokémon The Movie XY The Cocoon of Destruction and Diancie!" Since we fit right in the middle of the Pokémon Generation, it's very happy news for us. The first game I ever received for a birthday present was Pokémon, and if I think back, Pokémon was always close by throughout my childhood. I hope that children whose first movie is this year's one will make "Daybreak Meteor Shower" the first song they remember, and it becomes something that they automatically recall when thinking of their childhood when they're grown up. I can't wait to sing it live too!
Thanks to Bluesun for the translation.