May issue of CoroCoro magazine leaked
A plethora of information regarding Pokémon Black and White Versions 2 has been revealed in leaked photos of pages from CoroCoro Comics magazine.
The first two pages reveal information about the changes to Unova and Black and White Kyurem:
- White Kyurem is 3.6m, 325 kg. Ice Burn is its signature move
- Black Kyurem is 3.3m, 325 kg. Freeze Shock is its signature move.
- The game is set 2 years after Pokémon Black and White.
- There have been many changes to the region. There appears to be an encroaching ice sheet or glacier, and the water in the area around the Entralink has dried up.
- 300 Pokémon in addition to the original 156 Unova Pokémon are now available.
The next two pages reveal information about the new player characters, rival, and Gym Leaders:
- There are two new player characters; the male is the characters revealed yesterday on the cover, while the female has not been seen before.
- The character wearing red that was seen yesterday is the new rival; he is said to be a childhood friend of the player.
- The rival is quoted as saying "From now, I'm going to rage!"
- The girl with the guitar is Homika; a new Poison-type Gym Leader. Her Gym is said to be a "Live House" (a Japanese term for a music club where live bands play). She will appear in the anime in an episode on June 14.
- The tanned male in the swimming costume is Shizui; he's a new Water-type Gym Leader.
- The man in the lab coat is Akuroma. He is researching Pokémon strength. A cut-off portion of the photo mentions he is doing something regarding the latent abilities of Pokémon.
The next two pages reveal information about the new starting city:
- The new starting city is Hiougi City, located in the south-west of the map.
- Its main point of interest is its lookout. There is a Pokemon Center and Trainers' School; this is the first time your starting city has included either, as well as the first time the starting location is a city and not a town.