3DS upgrade available from release
A day of release update has been released for the Nintendo 3DS. Firmware update version 1.1.0-1 is to help with wireless communication, system stability and improve the SpotPass function. Nintendo recommends updating the 3DS system as soon as possible to maintain full functionality.
The system update will require the 3DS to connect to the Nintendo website via a wireless internet connection. Steps to do this can be found on the Nintendo website.
The update also comes with a 3D video. In the United States the video is OkGo's White Knuckle; in the UK it is a short 3D display video. The update does not include the upgrades containing the Internet browser and Nintendo eShop. These will be available at a later date.
A full press release, from Nintendo.co.uk can be read below.
Full press release
About Nintendo 3DS system updates
Nintendo constantly aims to improve the functionality of its consoles and services in order to provide the most comfortable, user-friendly experience possible. As a part of these efforts, we are making Nintendo 3DS system software updates available for download via the Internet.
We recommend that you always keep your system current with the latest available version of the system software. To update your system, follow the steps below:
- Open the System Settings from the HOME Menu.
- Select OTHER SETTINGS.
- Scroll to the right and select SYSTEM UPDATE.
Please note that a wireless Internet connection is required in order to update.
The latest available version of the system software is 1.1.0-1.
Version 1.1.0-1 includes the following features:
- 3D video
- As a special gift, we have included a 3D video for you to enjoy.
- System stability improvements
- Improvements to overall system stability, enhancing the user experience.
- SpotPass upgrade
- Expanded functionality for receiving notifications and other data.
- Enhanced network connection functionality
- Improvements to allow communication with some wireless Internet access points that were previously unavailable.
Additional features such as the Internet browser and Nintendo eShop will be made available with future updates.