From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
National Championships to be held at PAX Australia
|| This local article reports on an event in a specific geographical location. It may not be relevant for all readers.
Link to this article
- [url=//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Australia_to_be_part_of_2013_Pok%C3%A9mon_Video_Game_World_Championships] Australia to be part of 2013 Pokémon Video Game World Championships[/url]
- <a href="//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Australia_to_be_part_of_2013_Pok%C3%A9mon_Video_Game_World_Championships"> Australia to be part of 2013 Pokémon Video Game World Championships</a>
National Championships logo
For the first time, Australia will be part of Pokémon Video Game World Championships in 2013. The Pokémon Video Game Australian National Championships will be hosted by Nintendo Australia at PAX Australia. As PAX Australia is a sold out event, additional Pokémon Meet-ups will be held in most states; flights, accommodation and entry tickets to PAX Australia can be won at these events.
PAX Australia will be held on July 20 and 21, 2013 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Players who win here can win tickets to the 2013 Pokémon Video Game World Championships, which will be held from Aug. 9 to 11, 2013 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
These Pokémon meetups will be held in the following locations on the following dates:
Battles will follow standard Play! Pokémon tourament rules: Pokémon Black 2 or White 2, Double Battles, Flat Battles at level 50.
Players are divided into three age groups. They are as follows:
- Junior Division: Born in 2002 or later
- Senior Division: Born in 1998, 1999, 2000, or 2001
- Masters Division: Born in 1997 or earlier
Further information regarding the Pokémon Video Game Australian National Championships, Pokémon Meet-ups and how Pokémon fans from Australia and New Zealand can win tickets to attend PAX Australia will be released at a later date.