From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
10 Copies of Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire to be given away!
- Friday, November 14, 2014
|| This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Link to this article
- [url=//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bulbagarden_ORAS_Launch_Competition] Bulbagarden ORAS Launch Competition[/url]
- <a href="//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bulbagarden_ORAS_Launch_Competition"> Bulbagarden ORAS Launch Competition</a>
With only a week to go until the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Bulbagarden is giving fans worldwide the chance to win one of ten copies of the new games.
Pokémon Omega Ruby box art
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire box art
To enter this contest, you will need to send an email to [email protected] with the answers to the five trivia questions listed in the section below. The trivia questions have been drawn from different parts of the Pokémon franchise, including the video games, anime, TCG and manga, but all in some way are themed around Generation III. Some questions will be easy, others more devilish, but there are no trick questions. You'll be able to find the answers to all of them on Bulbapedia if you search hard enough though, so don't be discouraged if the questions stump you at first. When giving us your answers, please also give a link to the Bulbapedia page(s) you found the information to answer the question on. This will assist is in identifying correct entries quickly, so that we can inform the winners.
Winners will be selected randomly from all valid entries that manage correct answers to all five questions. Should less than ten people correctly answer all five questions, all of these people will win automatically, and the remaining prize winners will be randomly selected from those with four correct answers. Similarly, in the event that no entrants correctly answer all five questions, winners will be selected from those entries with four correct responses.
UPDATE: After checking the initial batch of entries, we now have received more than ten entries that have correctly answered all five questions. This means you will need a perfect score to be in the running for the prizes, so be sure to think carefully about your answers before submitting!
Your answers need to be in by until 11:55pm, Monday the 17th of November (US Pacific Standard Time, UTC-8). Click here to check the conversion for your local timezone, or click here for a count-down timer to the end of the contest. Entries are limited to 1 per person, and you cannot change your answers after submitting your email, so think hard about your answers before sending them in.
IMPORTANT: If you need to ask any questions regarding the contest, please do NOT email the contest email with your questions. It is highly likely that your email will go unnoticed amongst all the emails from people entering the competition. Instead, ask your question on the Bulbagarden forums thread for this contest, or via the Bulbagarden Facebook or Twitter.
The Trivia Questions
- What was the first Pokémon video game to be released in Japan after Bulbagarden launched the Bulbapedia wiki?
- There is a minor recurring character from the English dub of Pokémon during the Advance Generation series, who has the same name as a recurring character from a later Pokémon season. What is their name?
- Apart from being forced to switch out as the result of a Pokémon's attack, how could a player in the Generation III core series Pokémon games (ie. R/S/E and FR/LG) have one of their Pokémon start to execute an attack before they switch out on that exact same turn?
- Which three Generation III Pokémon were given Pokémon Trading Card Game cards prior to the actual start of Generation III?
- Name two occasions on which Team Aqua and Team Magma were seen to co-operate with each other, from any kind of Pokémon media (Pokémon anime, Pokémon manga, or Pokémon games).
- Who can enter the contest?
Anyone in the world can enter, though we will only accept 1 entry per person. If you're under 18, please get your parent or guardian's permission before entering.
- Can you email me back to let me know you got my entry?
- When will winners be informed?
Winners will be informed within 6 hours of the end of the contest, to make sure that we have time enough to get your address details in time.
- Do the winners receive one game or both?
The winners will receive their choice of either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire. If you win, we'll ask for your choice at the same time as we ask for your address details.
- I can't find the answer! Are they really all on Bulbapedia?
All of the answers are there, but you won't always find it explicitly stated. You may need to do things like compare information on multiple pages to figure out the answer.
- For (insert question here), do you mean (something) as opposed to (what the question says)?
Please re-read the question. Does it say (what you just said)? If it doesn't say that, then why would you think it meant that?
- I think one of the questions might have multiple valid answers, is that a problem?
I'm not saying any question does have multiple valid answers, but if a question has multiple valid answers, it's intentional and not a problem. So long as you give one of the valid answers, you're fine.
- The answer on Bulbapedia is wrong! The actual answer is (BLAH), and I have proof!
That's not a question, it's a statement! But seriously, in the unlikely event that an error on Bulbapedia is leading people astray, we will accept both the actual correct answer and the answer as it currently stands on Bulbapedia for the purposes of figuring out your score. We do this to avoid disadvantaging people who have already entered before a mistake is uncovered. Bulbapedia is currently locked to editing, so you don't need to fear about people changing information to try and give themselves an advantage.
- Will you be revealing the correct answers after the competition?
Yes, we will.
- I live in (insert country here). if I win, are you able to send me a game for my region?
Yes. We will order your prize from a retailer who ships to your region. If for some reason we aren't able to arrange for the game to be shipped to you, we can make alternative arrangements with you.
- If I win, will the game get to me on launch day?
Though we will be ordering winners prizes prior to launch day, and be making every effort to try and get winners their games as soon as possible, we cannot guarantee that they will arrive on launch day. If you're in North America, Western or Central Europe, Australia, New Zealand, or Japan, there probably won't be any issues. If you're in another country, particularly one with a frustrating customs regime (Brazil, I'm looking at you!), we might need to make alternative arrangements with you.