From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Changes to Raid Battles announced
- Wednesday, November 22, 2017
|| This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Link to this article
- [url=//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EX_Raid_Battles_launch,_conclude_field-test_period] EX Raid Battles launch, conclude field-test period[/url]
- <a href="//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EX_Raid_Battles_launch,_conclude_field-test_period"> EX Raid Battles launch, conclude field-test period</a>
EX Raid Battle promotional artwork
Pokémon GO has announced that the field test period for EX Raid Battles will conclude, with them now being officially launched. Details on the changes to EX Raid Battles and Raid Battles in general have also been announced.
The following changes will affect EX Raid Battles:
- EX Raid Battles will take place most commonly at Gyms found in parks and sponsored locations.
- Trainers with a high-level Gym Badge are more likely to be invited to EX Raid Battles taking place at that Gym.
- Trainers who have completed a larger number of Raid Battles are more likely to be invited to EX Raid Battles.
- EX Raid Battle start times now take into account popular Raid Battle times at that Gym.
- Trainers invited to EX Raid Battles will receive an in-game notification if the EX Raid Battle is canceled.
- Trainers will receive Stardust and Premium Raid Passes when an EX Raid Battle is canceled.
The following changes will affect Raid Battles in general:
- Trainers will now be guaranteed to receive Golden Razz Berries for completing Raid Battles.
- The numbers of Potions and Revives awarded to Trainers for completing a Raid Battle will decrease slightly, but the quality of Potions will increase.
- The likelihood of receiving Fast and Charged Technical Machines for completing a Tier 3 or higher Raid Battle has increased.
- Trainers will now receive Stardust for participating in a Raid Battle, whether they win or lose.
- Magikarp will make a triumphant return to Tier 1 Raid Battles.