From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
To be replaced by new Pokémon Global Link for Generation VII
|| This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Link to this article
- [url=//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation_VI_Pok%C3%A9mon_Global_Link_to_close_late_October] Generation VI Pokémon Global Link to close late October[/url]
- <a href="//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation_VI_Pok%C3%A9mon_Global_Link_to_close_late_October"> Generation VI Pokémon Global Link to close late October</a>
The Generation VI Pokémon Global Link will close in late October. It will be succeeded by a Pokémon Global Link for Generation VII that will open on November 18, 2016, the launch date of Pokémon Sun and Moon in most of the world.
The discontinuation will result in the following changes:
- Game Sync will no longer be available
- Items can no longer be transferred from Global Link to the games
- Global Link logbooks will no longer be viewable for the GTS and Wonder Trade (the GTS and Wonder Trade will still be available)
- The discontinuation of Rating Battles on Random Matchup (Free Battles will still be available)
The announcement of the closure has also prompted a new promotional campaign, known as the "Thanks Campaign". The Thanks Campaign will run from July 26 until the Global Link's closure.
As part of the Thanks Campaign, PP Ups, Rare Candy and Heart Scales will be 50% off in the PokéMileage Club. Additionally, players will be able to purchase Ability Capsules for 5000 Poké Miles at the PokéMileage Club, provided they have a certain number of Medals. Furthermore, Attractions in the PokéMileage Club will be 50% off.