From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Pokémon Diamond, Pearl top sellers in April; Nintendo DS and Wii continue to outsell all competitors
|| This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Link to this article
- [url=//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/NPD_Group_sales_data_for_April_2007_revealed] NPD Group sales data for April 2007 revealed[/url]
- <a href="//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/NPD_Group_sales_data_for_April_2007_revealed"> NPD Group sales data for April 2007 revealed</a>
The NPD Group has released video game sales data for the month of April. The data points to the strength of the Pokémon franchise and the dominance of Nintendo's gaming platforms.
Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, which debuted on April 22, were the top two selling titles for all consoles for the month of April. Diamond sold 1.045 million copies, and Pearl sold 712,000 copies, more than double the third top selling game, Super Paper Mario for Wii. Wii Play came in fourth.
The Nintendo DS was the top game system in April, selling more than 470,000 units. Wiis were purchased by twice as many consumers as any other home consoles, selling 360,000 units in April.
"Nothing is more valuable in the entertainment world than an evergreen franchise," said Reggie Fils-Aime, president and COO, Nintendo of America. "These new Pokémon titles have cemented their place alongside the most enduring intellectual properties of the book, music and movie industries. And that appeal will expand even further with the introduction of Pokémon Battle Revolution to our Wii home console next month."
Top 10 selling games, April 2007
- Pokémon Diamond - 1.045 million
- Pokémon Pearl - 712,000
- Super Paper Mario - 352,000
- Wii Play - 249,000
- Guitar Hero 2 with guitar (Xbox 360) - 197,000
- Guitar Hero 2 with guitar (PlayStation 2) - 142,000
- Spider-Man 3 (Xbox 360) - 117,000
- Spider-Man 3 (PlayStation 2) - 105,000
- God of War 2 (PlayStation 2) - 101,000
- MLB '07 The Show (PlayStation 2) - 79,000
Game system sales, April 2007
- Nintendo DS - 471,000
- Wii - 360,000
- PlayStation 2 - 194,000
- PlayStation Portable - 183,000
- Xbox 360 - 174,000
- Game Boy Advance - 84,000
- PlayStation 3 - 82,000
- GameCube - 13,000