From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Mystery Dungeon sequels top-selling games for the DS; Super Smash Bros. Brawl passes 3-million mark
||This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
The NPD Group has released North American video game sales data for April. Despite the launch of Grand Theft Auto IV on competing systems, Nintendo hardware and software managed to perform well sales wise.
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness, which debuted on April 20, were the two top-selling titles for the Nintendo DS. Each title sold more than 200,000 copies. Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii sold another 326,000 to reach a total of more than 3 million sold. The top-selling game overall for Nintendo platforms was Mario Kart Wii, the second best-selling game of the month on all consoles.
Wii was the top game system in April, selling more than 714,000 units, more than three times the number of consoles purchased for either the Xbox 360 or the PlayStation 3. The Nintendo DS was the second best-selling system, pushing more than 414,000 units to consumers.
Top 10 selling games, April 2008
- Grand Theft Auto IV (Xbox 360) — 1.85 million
- Mario Kart Wii — 1.12 million
- Grand Theft Auto IV (PlayStation 3) — 1 million
- Wii Play — 360,000
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl — 326,000
- Gran Turismo 5: Prologue — 224,000
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness — 202,000
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time — 202,000
- Guitar Hero III (Wii) — 152,000
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Xbox 360) — 141,000
Game system sales, April 2008
- Wii — 714,200
- Nintendo DS — 414,800
- PlayStation Portable — 192,700
- Xbox 360 — 188,000
- PlayStation 3 — 187,100
- PlayStation 2 — 124,400