From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Offers to repair the save states of trapped players
- Tuesday, October 24, 2006
|| This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Link to this article
- [url=//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nintendo_officially_acknowledges_glitches_in_Diamond_and_Pearl] Nintendo officially acknowledges glitches in Diamond and Pearl[/url]
- <a href="//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nintendo_officially_acknowledges_glitches_in_Diamond_and_Pearl"> Nintendo officially acknowledges glitches in Diamond and Pearl</a>
Nintendo has officially acknowledged two glitches in the newly-released Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. Both glitches allow the player to enter no-man's land. The first glitch may occur when going to the second floor of a Pokémon Center, and the second glitch may cause players to corrupt their save state. Knowledge of the second glitch spread quickly after the discovery that it is possible to go to places requiring special items not obtainable in-game.
After entering the Union Room on the second floor of the Pokémon League building, when the player goes up to the second floor of a Pokémon Center, the player will end up in a wall and not be able to return.
In the case where the player has not saved the game while trapped, it is possible to work around this bug:
- Restart the game from the previous save state.
- Go to the Contest Hall in Yosuga City.
- Speak to the leftmost attendant. (There is no need to actually participate in a Super Contest.)
- Save the game and restart.
In the room of an Elite Four member, if the player uses Surf while facing the automatic door, the player will end up in the wall and not be able to return. This glitch will cause malfunctions and data corruption.
In the case where the player has not saved the game while trapped, the player may simply restart the game from the previous save state.
Alternate recovery methods
In the case where the player has saved the game while trapped, it is possible to repair the save state with a program that will be distributed to DS Stations in Japan starting October 27. The player will be able to resume the game, reappearing outside their house in Futaba Town.
If one does not have access to a DS Station, one may mail their DS game card for repair to Nintendo of Japan at this address:
- 〒601-8501 京都市南区上鳥羽鉾立町11番地1
- 任天堂株式会社 「お客様ご相談窓口 ポケモンＤ＆Ｐ係」
Players are advised to attach a note stating that they have become trapped in a wall.