From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Update available for iOS, Android
- Saturday, September 24, 2016
||This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
The latest update for Pokémon GO, version 0.39.0 (labelled 1.9.0 on the iOS App Store), is now available for both iOS and Android. This update adds capture location to the Pokémon status screen.
When the game was first released, a map would be displayed showing the street the Pokémon was caught on. This was eventually zoomed out to show the general area rather than the specific street. It was ultimately removed from the game entirely (although this was never officially acknowledged). This update returns the capture location in a different way, instead providing the name of the general area it was caught or hatched in.
The update now also allows Pokémon attracted with Incense to be caught using the Pokémon GO Plus. Previously, players were required to open their mobile device to capture these Pokémon.
It also fixes several bugs.
- Capture location: The location where a Pokémon was caught will now be displayed on their information screen.
- Pokémon GO Plus and Incense: Trainers can attempt to capture Pokémon they encounter from using Incense with the Pokémon GO Plus accessory.
- Fixed a bug that caused some users to get stuck on the loading screen, even after restarting the app.
- Fixed a bug where the camera sometimes moved at slow speeds during battle.
- Minor bug fixes ”