From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Capture Bonuses, Battery Saver return, nearby Pokémon revamped
|| This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Link to this article
- [url=//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_GO_v0.33_patch_released] Pokémon GO v0.33 patch released[/url]
- <a href="//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_GO_v0.33_patch_released"> Pokémon GO v0.33 patch released</a>
A new patch is available for the freemium mobile game Pokémon GO, bringing it up to version 0.33.0 (labelled 1.3.0 on the iOS App Store).
This update means that players who players can once again gain experience from "Nice", "Great", and "Excellent" throws (the last update prevented this due to a bug). It also improves the accuracy of curveballs. Battery Saver mode has been fixed and is now available again for iOS.
It also changes the images of some Medals that had been mistakenly given the wrong images. Additionally, visuals of the team leaders—Candela, Blanche, and Spark—now appear in the game.
Players can now change their nickname, but only once ever.
The "Nearby Pokémon" function has been replaced by a "Sightings" function, which lists Pokémon by species if they are nearby (but does not provide any hints on their location); Pokémon on the "Sightings" screen show up in front of a grass patch. A certain subset of users have access to the trial feature known as "Nearby Pokémon", which indicates the nearest PokéStop to a wild Pokémon.
Players moving above a certain speed will now need to tap a button to assure the game that they are not driving.
- Added a dialog to remind Trainers that they should not play while traveling above a certain speed. Trainers must confirm they are not driving in order to continue playing.
- Made improvements to the accuracy of a curveball throw
- Fixed a bug that prevented ”Nice,” ”Great,” and “Excellent” Poké Ball throws from awarding the appropriate XP bonuses.
- Fixed achievements showing incorrect Medal icons.
- Enabled the ability for Trainers to change their nickname one time. Please choose your new nickname wisely.
- Resolved issues with the battery saver mode on iOS and re-enabled the feature.
- Added visuals of Team Leaders Candela, Blanche, and Spark.
- We’re currently testing a variation of the “Nearby Pokémon” feature with a subset of users. During this period you may see some variation in the nearby Pokémon UI.
- Minor text fixes