From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Three new Pokémon also revealed
- Reported on Bulbanews by Ryu Shoji
Originally reported in CoroCoro Comics magazine
|| This article is breaking news. Some contents may change—be sure to check back regularly.
Link to this article
- [url=//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/September_CoroCoro_reveals_new_Mega_Evolutions] September CoroCoro reveals new Mega Evolutions[/url]
- <a href="//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/September_CoroCoro_reveals_new_Mega_Evolutions"> September CoroCoro reveals new Mega Evolutions</a>
Images of pages from CoroCoro Comics magazine have surfaced, revealing much new information such as a new process called "Mega Evolution" and three new Pokémon.
Mega Evolution (メガシンカ) allows a Pokémon to temporarily release their hidden power with strength surpassing that of normal evolution. The previously revealed Awakened Form Mewtwo is now known as Mega Mewtwo. Other Pokémon such as Lucario, Ampharos, Blaziken, Mawile and Absol have also been revealed to be capable of undergoing Mega Evolution.
Mega Lucario has a higher Special Attack than it does as a regular Lucario. Mega Absol has a higher Speed and Special Attack than it does as a regular Absol.
Mawile has now been changed to a Steel/Fairy-type and its Mega Evolution would also have the same type combination. Ampharos will gain a Dragon-type after undergoing Mega Evolution. Mega Mawile has the Ability Huge Power, Mega Blaziken has Speed Boost, Mega Lucario has Adaptability, and Mega Absol has Magic Bounce. Mega Mewtwo has also been confirmed to have the ability Insomnia.
From October 12, 2013 to January 15, 2014, a Torchic with Hidden Ability Speed Boost and moveset consisting of Scratch, Growl, Focus Energy, and Ember will be distributed over the Internet. It holds an item called Blazikenite (バシャモナイト), which allows Blaziken to become a Mega Blaziken. A mysterious item known as a Mega Stone (メガストーン) was also mentioned, but what role it and the Blazikenite hold in obtaining a Mega Evolution is currently unknown. Its gender is male, it comes in a Cherish Ball, has XY as its OT, and has a Premier Ribbon.
A new facility called the Master Tower (マスタータワー) is also shown and is revealed to have some connection to Mega Evolution.
A new character has also been revealed. Koruni (コルニ) is a Gym Leader who knows the yet-unrevealed secret about Mega Evolution.
In addition, Super Training (スパトレ) is revealed to be a new method that can increase the EV of a Pokémon.
Aside from Mega Evolutions, three new species of Pokémon have also been revealed:
- Me'ēkuru (メエークル) is the pre-evolution of Gogoat. It is 0.9 m tall and weighs 31.0 kg.
- Dedenne (デデンネ), the Antenna Pokémon (アンテナポケモン), is an Electric/Fairy-type Pokémon. It is 0.2 m tall and weighs 2.2 kg. It has the Ability Pickup and a new Ability called Cheek Pouches (ほおぶくろ).
- Horubī (ホルビー), the Burrowing Pokémon (あなほりポケモン), is a Normal-type Pokémon. It is 0.4 m tall and weighs 5.0 kg. It also has the Ability Pickup and Cheek Pouches. It is similar in appearance to Tappy from Game Freak's HarmoKnight.
Next month's CoroCoro will have the new type chart, which will include the Fairy-type and its strengths and weaknesses.
Page 59 mentioning Movie 17
Announcement about the October issue.