From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Three new Pokémon also revealed
- Reported on Bulbanews by Ryu Shoji
Originally reported in CoroCoro Comics magazine
|| This article is breaking news. Some contents may change—be sure to check back regularly.
Link to this article
- [url=//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/September_CoroCoro_reveals_new_Mega_Evolutions] September CoroCoro reveals new Mega Evolutions[/url]
- <a href="//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/September_CoroCoro_reveals_new_Mega_Evolutions"> September CoroCoro reveals new Mega Evolutions</a>
Images of pages from CoroCoro Comics magazine have surfaced, revealing much new information. A new process called "Mega Evolution" has been confirmed for Pokémon X and Y, and three new Pokémon have been revealed.
The new process called "Mega Evolution" allows a Pokémon to change into a "mega" version of itself, with the previously revealed Awakened Form Mewtwo being confirmed as Mega Mewtwo. Pokémon confirmed to be capable of undergoing Mega Evolution are Mewtwo, Ampharos, Blaziken, Mawile and Absol.
From October 12, 2013 to January 15, 2014, a Torchic will be distributed over the internet holding an item called "Blaziken Knight", which allows Blaziken to become a MegaBlaziken. A mysterious item known as a "Mega Stone" was mentioned, but what role it or the Blaziken Knight item hold in obtaining a Mega Evolution is currently unknown.
Mawile has been confirmed to be changed to a Steel/Fairy-type, with Mega Mawile also having the type combination. Mega Mawile has the Ability Huge Power, Mega Blaziken has Speed Boost, Mega Lucario has Adaptability, and Mega Absol has Magic Bounce. Mega Mewtwo has also been confirmed to have the ability Insomnia.
Koruni (コルニ), a new Gym Leader who knows the yet-unrevealed secret about Mega Evolution, has also been revealed.
Aside from Mega Evolutions, three new species of Pokémon have been revealed:
- Me'ēkuru (メエークル) is the pre-evolution of Gogoat. It is 0.9 m tall and weighs 31.0 kg.
- Dedenne (デデンネ) the Antenna Pokémon (アンテナポケモン), is an Electric/Fairy-type Pokémon. It is 0.2 m tall and weighs 2.2 kg. It has the Ability Pickup and a new Ability called Cheek Pouches (ほおぶくろ).
- Horubī (ホルビー), the Burrowing Pokémon (あなほりポケモン), is a Normal-type Pokémon. It is 0.4 m tall and weighs 5.0 kg. It has the Ability Pickup and a new Ability called Cheek Pouches (ほおぶくろ). It is similar in appearance to Tappy from Game Freak's HarmoKnight.