Dengeki magazine reveals further B2W2 details
The August issue of Dengeki Nintendo for KIDS magazine, available for purchase from June 21, has revealed some new details regarding Pokémon Black and White 2. Details are as follows:
The magazine provides the initial events of the game. First, the player and rival go to Bianca, where they get their starter Pokémon. After that, the player gets the Running Shoes and a Town Map from his/her mother and rival's sister, respectively. Then, the player heads to Route 19 where Bianca teaches the player how to catch a wild Pokémon. The player will then meet the Unova League Champion Alder on the same route. The player then proceeds to Sangi Town, which is also the town where Alder lives. From there the player proceeds to Sangi Ranch, where they battle with the rival. The player and rival then search for a Herdier, which is deep in the Sangi Forest; upon finding it, the player receives TM21 (Frustration). The player then returns to Sangi Town and fights two battles in Alder's house. The player then receives a Medal Box, Medals, and six Hint Medals from the Medal Old Man. After this, the player returns to Aspertia City, where they battle Leader Cheren at the Aspertia Gym and receive the Basic Badge and TM83 (Work Up). The player then receives TM27 (Return) and the C-Gear from Bianca. After this, the player proceeds to Route 20, where the Pokédex receives an upgrade; Route 20 then leads to Virbank City.
- It has been confirmed that Cheren is the Gym Leader of Aspertia City's Gym, officially known as Aspertia Gym, and gives out TM83 (Work Up) to the players who defeat him.
- Bianca gives away TM27 (Return) and the C-Gear in Aspertia City, after the player defeats Cheren, the Aspertia Gym's Gym Leader. She also teaches the player how to catch a Pokémon on Route 19.
- The Pokédex gets an upgrade on Route 20. This upgrade allows players to look up specific routes and other locations to see which wild Pokémon can appear there.
- Homika uses a level 16 Koffing and a Level 18 Whirlipede, gives away TM09 (Venom Shock).
- You receive a Medal Box, medals, and 6 hint medals from an old man. The medal guy rewards you for having watched TV and looking through a trash can. The magazine shows a screenshot of the player receiving the Couch Potato medal.
- Team Plasma has split into two factions. One of the factions' goal is to steal Pokémon and using them to take over the world.
- Akuroma has studied Team Plasma, and even knows some of its members.
- The rival hates Team Plasma because they stole the Purrloin he gave to his younger sister.
- The player starts the game with Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination100.
- The Balloon Smash minigame is be played through the Xtransceiver.
- Pressing the L button during battle brings up a hint screen showing which attacks will be effective.
- New Pokédex numbers confirmed: #010 Patrat, #011 Watchog, #012 Purrloin, #013 Liepard, #014 Pidove, #015 Tranquill, #016 Unfezant, #017 Sewaddle, #018 Swadloon, #019 Leavanny, #020 Sunkern, #021 Sunflora, #022 Lillipup, #023 Herdier and #024 Stoutland.
A new anime episode title has also been revealed. The episode is called 「ソムリエ探偵デント！消えたクマシュンの謎！！」 Sommelier Detective Dent! The Mystery of the Missing Kumasyun!! and set to air on July 19, 2012.
In this episode, Cilan uses various clues to search for a lost Cubchoo in the forest. A Larvitar also appears in this episode.