From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Nominations open from now until March 31
- Thursday, February 19, 2015
|| This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Link to this article
- [url=//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/National_Museum_of_Play_to_create_World_Video_Game_Hall_of_Fame] National Museum of Play to create World Video Game Hall of Fame[/url]
- <a href="//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/National_Museum_of_Play_to_create_World_Video_Game_Hall_of_Fame"> National Museum of Play to create World Video Game Hall of Fame</a>
The Strong National Museum of Play, a museum in Rochester, New York, whose goal is to preserve the history of toys and games, is launching the World Video Game Hall of Fame. This new project will recognize the most popular and influential titles in the history of video games, whether it be handheld, console, arcade, or any other type of electronic game. Nominations for the inaugural class are being accepted from now until March 31, 2015.
Individual video games that possess the following four characteristics will be inducted into the Hall of Fame:
- Icon-Status: The game is well-known, and can be recognized by many people.
- Longevity: The game was not just a passing craze and has remained popular for a long time.
- Geographical Reach: The game possesses the first two characteristics internationally.
- Influence: The game has been a source of inspiration for other video games and even other forms of media in popular culture.
The inaugural class will be selected by a committee of various nationalities and professions that are educated of video games and their prevalence in society. The games that made the inaugural class will be revealed in June 2015.
On the official website is a slideshow of several photographs of many popular video games from the past and present. Included are many titles published by Nintendo, including a copy of the Japanese version of Pokémon Red Version.
Nomination for the Hall of Fame can be done on this web form.