From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
To be released July
|| This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Link to this article
- [url=//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nintendo_2DS_XL_to_be_released_in_South_Korea] Nintendo 2DS XL to be released in South Korea[/url]
- <a href="//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nintendo_2DS_XL_to_be_released_in_South_Korea"> Nintendo 2DS XL to be released in South Korea</a>
A Black + Turquoise New Nintendo 2DS XL
A new system in the New Nintendo 3DS family, the New Nintendo 2DS XL, will be released in South Korea on July 13, 2017. It will be available in both Black + Turquoise and White + Orange.
This system was announced in April this year. It will be released in Australia and New Zealand on June 15, 2017; on July 13, 2017 in Japan; and on July 28, 2017 in North America, Europe, South Africa, and Russia.
The New Nintendo 2DS XL does not support 3D, but otherwise has the same functionality as the New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL.
- It has a built-in C-Stick and the additional trigger buttons ZL and ZR. (The original Nintendo 3DS and 3DS XL require the Circle Pad Pro and Circle Pad Pro XL, respectively, to achieve the same functionality; the original Nintendo 2DS does not support this functionality at all.)
- It has a built in NFC reader/writer for amiibo support. (The original Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL, and 2DS require an external NFC reader/writer in order to communicate with NFC devices such as amiibo.)
- It has the same size screen as the New Nintendo 3DS XL, being 4.88 inches (diagonal) for the upper screen and 4.18 inches (diagonal) for the lower screen.
- It has the same power as New Nintendo 3DS XL, and so is compatible with New Nintendo 3DS-exclusive software.
- It is lighter than the New Nintendo 3DS XL, weighing 9.2 ounces compared to 11.6 ounces for the New Nintendo 3DS XL. It weighs approximately the same as a Nintendo 2DS.
- It is packaged with an AC adapter to charge the system, unlike the New Nintendo 3DS.