From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Games continue to top sales charts
|| This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Link to this article
- [url=//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Black_and_White_Versions_sell_nearly_2.5_million_in_March] Pokémon Black and White Versions sell nearly 2.5 million in March[/url]
- <a href="//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Black_and_White_Versions_sell_nearly_2.5_million_in_March"> Pokémon Black and White Versions sell nearly 2.5 million in March</a>
A few days ago, Nintendo issued a press release quoting U.S. sales statistics from recently released software and hardware.
The report says that, after the first month of sales, Pokémon White was more popular than Pokémon Black. White Version sold more than 1.3 million copies, and Black Version sold more than 1.1 million copies.
With updates and new games scheduled for the Nintendo 3DS, sales for the latest console are still high; Nintendo reported that last March was the best March for portable hardware on record.
The full press release can be read below.
Pokémon games sell nearly 2.5 million in Nintendo's best March in U.S. for portable hardware
April 14, 2011
The new Nintendo 3DS™ system combined with the Nintendo DS™ family of systems to make last month the best-selling March in U.S. history for Nintendo's portable hardware business, according to the independent NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States.
After only one week on sale following its March 27 launch, Nintendo 3DS sold just shy of 400,000 units. Propelled by sales of more than 1.3 million Pokémon™ White Version games and more than 1.1 million Pokémon™ Black Version games, the Nintendo DS family of systems topped all home and portable video game systems in March, with more than 460,000 sold.
"Both Nintendo 3DS and the Nintendo DS family had a strong month, indicating that Nintendo has something for everyone," said Charlie Scibetta, Nintendo of America's senior director of Corporate Communications. "Nintendo provides people with the best video game experiences, from 3D visuals without special glasses to a touch-screen interface to motion controls."
Nintendo's Wii™ console sold more than 290,000 in the United States in March, giving Nintendo combined hardware sales of more than 1.1 million for the month. The upcoming Wii Play™: Motion game launches on June 13 and will have players smiling as they use their Wii Remote™ Plus controller (or Wii Remote™ with Wii MotionPlus™ accessory) in 12 new motion-controlled games. Wii Play: Motion comes packaged with a black Wii Remote Plus controller to deliver great value, precise motion control and immersive social fun that anyone in the household can pick up and instantly enjoy.
As Nintendo 3DS heads into its first full month of sales, a number of milestones are on the horizon to keep momentum going:
- A free future system update will provide Nintendo 3DS owners with an Internet browser and access to the Nintendo eShop, which will bring consumers a broad variety of downloadable software as well as video game trailers, screen shots and related information. The system update also delivers a solution for Nintendo DSi™ and Nintendo DSi XL™ owners to easily transfer most of their Nintendo DSiWare™ games to their new Nintendo 3DS systems.
- On June 19, The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D introduces a completely re-mastered version of an epic entry in the beloved The Legend of Zelda game series. The game couples phenomenally enhanced graphics, stunning glasses-free 3D visuals, a touch-screen interface and newly implemented motion controls to provide a fresh experience. The game will also feature new challenges not included in the original game. The Legend of Zelda veterans can look forward to the Master Quest – a second quest with revamped puzzles and redesigned dungeons that feature the same graphical and interface upgrades as the main game.
- Later this summer, Netflix members who own a Nintendo 3DS system and can access a broadband wireless Internet connection will be able to instantly watch TV episodes and movies streaming from Netflix directly to their Nintendo 3DS systems. A Netflix unlimited membership is required.
For more information about Nintendo, visit http://www.nintendo.com.