From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Update available for iOS, Android
- Wednesday, September 14, 2016
||This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
The latest update for Pokémon GO, version 0.37.0, is now widely available for both iOS and Android. This update adds the Buddy Pokémon mechanic. While the update has been online since Sept. 10, it was only available for select devices rather than all iOS or all Android devices.
The player can now select one Pokémon as their Buddy Pokémon from the Trainer profile screen. After walking a set distance (specific to the Pokémon's species), the player will obtain Candy for its evolutionary family. The distance required is 1 km for species with 2 km Eggs (except starter Pokémon), 3 km for species with 5 km Eggs and starter Pokémon, and 5 km for species with 10 km Eggs.
The update also makes it easier to select small Pokémon on the screen. Additionally, PokéStops now make the player who placed a Lure Module there immediately obvious, rather than only displaying it after tapping the PokéStop Module icon.
This update adds support for the Pokémon GO Plus, which will be released this Friday.
- Implemented Buddy Pokémon: Trainers will now be able to choose one of their Pokémon to be their buddy. A Trainer can earn Candy for their Buddy Pokémon by walking a certain distance
- Made it easier to select smaller Pokémon on the screen
- Fixed an issue where Eggs would sometimes hatch without displaying the animation.
- Improved performance reliability when a device switches networks to no longer cause the application to hang or stop updating
- Pokémon GO Plus support
- Minor text fixes ”