Pokkén Tournament DX announced for Nintendo Switch
The Pokémon Direct presentation announced Pokkén Tournament DX for Nintendo Switch. It will be released on September 22, 2017 in Japan, North America, Europe, Australia, and Hong Kong. (No release date has been announced for South Korea and Taiwan, where the Nintendo Switch has not yet been released.)
Pokkén Tournament DX includes all the content from both the Wii U and arcade versions of the original Pokkén Tournament, including the characters previously exclusive to Japanese arcades (Darkrai, Scizor, Empoleon, Croagunk).
Like the original Pokkén Tournament for Wii U, the game has three main online modes: Ranked Matches, Friendly Matches (unranked), and Group Matches (friends only).
It also introduces several new features:
- A new fighter: Decidueye
- New Support Pokémon: Litten and Popplio
- Team Battle mode: A new battle mode in which the players pick three Pokémon and battle until all of their opponent's Pokémon are knocked out
- Group Match mode: A new battle mode in which players find similar skilled players in online battle rooms
- Daily Challenges
- Battle replays: This new feature can also be shared online
- All characters and Support Pokémon will be available right from the start of the game
- Multiplayer is possible by sharing Joy-Con controllers
The game will be a playable demo at E3 and will be featured on the Treehouse Live stream. Additionally, there will be a Pokkén Tournament DX invitational tournament held at E3 on June 14 that will be livestreamed.
This will be the first Pokémon game for Nintendo Switch.