Primal Battle Wi-Fi tournament announced
The Primal Battle Wi-Fi tournament has been announced. Participants may sign up between midnight UTC on Sept. 17 and 11:59 p.m. UTC on Sept. 24. The competition will be held from midnight on Sept. 25 until 11:59 p.m. UTC on Sept. 27. The rankings will be released on Oct. 9. Participants will receive 1,000 Poké Miles. Players must get a win or loss to receive the Poké Miles. There will be up to 50,000 participants on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Players born in 2001 or later will be in the Junior/Senior Division. Players born in 2000 or earlier will be in the Masters Division. Players in the Junior Division may only battle between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m. local time. Players may use the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire games. Only Pokémon from Pokémon X and Y and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire may be used. Pokémon transferred via the Poké Transporter may not be used.
The following Pokémon may not be used - Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, and Diancie.
Players will be allowed to use Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. Participants must register 4-6 Pokémon in the Battle Box on the PC. This competition is a Double Battles competition. Pokémon over level 50 will be automatically set to level 50. Four Pokémon will be brought into battle. Each battle will last a maximum of 20 minutes. There will be 90 seconds for players to pick four Pokémon to use and 60 seconds for them to use a move or switch to another Pokémon. Players may battle 15 times a day for a maximum of 45 battles total.
Wi-Fi Competition poll
Players have the opportunity to vote on what competition they would like to be held in the future. They have the following competitions to choose from -
- No Mega: In this competition, Pokémon will not be able to hold Mega Stones.
- Inverse Double Battles: All type matchups will use the use the reversed type chart
- Anything Goes: Triple Battles where all Pokémon and items will be allowed. This will also include Pokémon brought over via the Poké Transporter.
- Anti-Evolution: Pokémon that can't evolve and haven't evolved will be the only ones allowed. This will not include Mega Evolution, and Legendary and Mythical Pokémon are also not allowed.
- Underdogs: Pokémon that were ranked in the top 12 in any 2015 Double Battles Pokémon competition will not be allowed.