From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
New Pokémon game hinted
||This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
At Nintendo's Semi-Annual Financial Results Briefing today, Satoru Iwata, the current President and CEO of the said company, made announcements concerning the Nintendo 3DS the upcoming Wii U, and Nintendo as a whole. The following are merely tidbits of what was presented at the briefing:
- Nintendo had 70.2 billion yen in losses, with currency exchange rates and price cuts among things blamed.
- Nintendo was able to sell 2.36 million units worldwide during the second fiscal quarter, three times that of the previous quarter.
- The Nintendo 3DS sales are a total of 6.68 million, higher than expected.
- Access to the Nintendo eShop using PCs and smartphones will be made available, though games can only be played on Nintendo systems.
- Demos and add-on content will be made available at the eShop.
- Nintendo hopes to create new genres, which aim to attract those not really into video games.
- Following collaborations with Netflix and DreamWorks, integration with Hulu Plus will be made available.
- The Wii U is planned to be launched during the next fiscal year, with the final product to be shown during next year's E3.
As for Pokémon fans, a new Pokémon game is said to have been listed for release in Japan this Spring. No further details were revealed as the game itself was not actually announced.