From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
First round of location tests begins Jan. 30
|| This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Link to this article
- [url=//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Suicune,_Gardevoir,_Pikachu_revealed_as_playable_in_Pokk%C3%A9n_Tournament] Suicune, Gardevoir, Pikachu revealed as playable in Pokkén Tournament[/url]
- <a href="//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Suicune,_Gardevoir,_Pikachu_revealed_as_playable_in_Pokk%C3%A9n_Tournament"> Suicune, Gardevoir, Pikachu revealed as playable in Pokkén Tournament</a>
A Famitsu stream on NicoNico has revealed additional information about Pokkén Tournament, including three new playable characters.
Suicune, Gardevoir, and Pikachu have been announced as playable characters for Pokkén Tournament, joining Lucario and Machamp.
Selectable battle modes are Single Play, Nationwide Battle, In-store Battle, and Tutorial.
When a gauge is full, the character enters Resonance Burst mode. In Resonance Burst mode, the character can use Burst Attacks to deal lots of damage.
The controller contains a D-pad, 4 face buttons (A, B, X, Y), and 2 shoulder buttons (L, R). The D-pad is to move, A for Pokemon Attack, B for Jump, X for Weak, Y for Strong, R for Guard, L for Support.
Bana Passports are likely to be used to save game data.
Two Battle Stages were featured in the stream. The descriptions were written in English.
Chrom Field is a grassy stage with a town in the background. Various balloons and blimps fly over the stage. It features many different species of Pokémon in the background, including Pidgey, Jumpluff, Miltank, Heracross, Gible, Swanna, Sawsbuck, and Volcarona.
- Description: "A town in a lush, green valley in the mountains. It has a plaza where Ferrum Battles are held."
Phos Volcano is a volcanic cave stage. It features many different species of Pokémon in the background, including Gastly, Machoke, Slugma, Magcargo, Torkoal, Archeops, Carbink, and Noibat.
- Description: "An arena located in a cave in a giant volcano. In addition to deposits of rare ores, it also contains the ruins of an ancient civilization."
The game includes Support Pokémon. When starting a match, the player selects one of several pairs of support Pokémon, called a Support Set. Set A contains Emolga and Fennekin, while Set B contains Snivy and Lapras. When the Support Gauge is full, the player can call out a Support Pokémon using the L button.
- Emolga uses Shock Wave, which has a fast charge time; it decreases the opponent's move speed.
- Description: "A long-range attack with excellent speed. Effective when fighting in long-range mode."
- Fennekin uses Ember, which has a normal charge time.
- Description: "A dome-shaped area attack which hits many times. Also effective to push back opponents in close-range mode."
- Description: "Closes in on the opponent by a set distance and performs anti-aerial attacks. Effective against opponents which jump a lot."
- Lapras uses Surf, which has a normal charge time.
- Description: "A powerful rushing attack with a wide horizontal range. Also effective at negating certain types of long-range attacks."
It will be available for testing at various locations across Japan.
From Jan. 30 to Feb. 1, 2015, it can be played at namco Lazona Kawasaki and namco Umeda. The game will cost ¥100 per play. The first 200 players each day to fill out a questionnaire after playing will receive a special Bana Passport exclusive to that day. On Jan. 30 it will be playable from 7 to 11:30 pm, and the Lucario passport is available (this can only be attended by players aged 16 or older due to Japanese laws). On Jan. 31 it will be playable from 10 am to 11:30 pm, and the Gardevoir passport is available. On Feb. 1 it will be playable from 10 am to 11:30 pm, and the Pikachu passport is available. Due to Japanese public morals laws prohibiting people under 16 from entering game centers after 6 pm in Kanazawa and 7 pm in Osaka, children cannot attend the first day of the test.
On Feb. 13 and 14, it will also be available at the Japan Amusement ExPO 2015 at Makuhari Messe from 10 am to 5 pm. The game will be free to play. The Japan Amusement ExPO 2015 will only be openby invitation on Feb. 13, opening to the general public on Feb. 14. The first 500 players on Feb. 14 to fill out a questionnaire after playing will receive a special Machamp Bana Passport exclusive to that day.