From Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Legendary Pokémon in Ultra Wormholes revealed
- Thursday, November 2, 2017
|| This article is breaking news. Some contents may change—be sure to check back regularly.
Link to this article
- [url=//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Team_Rainbow_Rocket_to_appear_in_Ultra_Sun,_Ultra_Moon] Team Rainbow Rocket to appear in Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon[/url]
- <a href="//bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Team_Rainbow_Rocket_to_appear_in_Ultra_Sun,_Ultra_Moon"> Team Rainbow Rocket to appear in Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon</a>
Team Rainbow Rocket Giovanni artwork
A new trailer for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon has been released, and includes new information about the games, such as the appearance of Team Rainbow Rocket.
Team Rainbow Rocket is a new villainous team led by Giovanni (in his Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen appearance). It is composed of the bosses of villainous teams from previous games, including Archie and Maxie (in their Generation III appearances), Cyrus, Ghetsis (in his Pokémon Black and White appearance), and Lysandre. The team also has a number of Team Rainbow Rocket Grunts. Notably, Gionanni uses Mewtwo in battle.
The new battle facility, known as the Battle Agency, allows the player to engage in three-on-three Single Battles using rental Pokémon. The variety of Pokémon that can be rented increases by connecting with other players locally or on the internet. As the player wins battles, their Grade goes up. By connecting with high Grade Trainers, players will be able to rent powerful Pokémon to use in battle. If the player wins lots of battles, they can fight the facility's boss, Sophocles. Players can earn prizes by battling at this facility, including Gold Bottle Caps.
Players will be able to collect Totem Stickers, which are located all around the Alola region. Based on how many stickers they have collected, players will be able to obtain totem-like Pokémon. Which totem-like Pokémon are available differ between Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon; for example, totem-like Lurantis is exclusively available in Pokémon Ultra Sun, while totem-like Salazzle is exclusively available in Pokémon Ultra Moon (notably, Lurantis appears as a Totem Pokémon at the end of a trial in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon while Salazzle appears to have been replaced).
The QR Scanner's Island Scan feature will allow the player to encounter Pokémon than it did in Pokémon Sun and Moon. New Pokémon include Charmander, Grovyle, and Greninja.
Further details about the wild Legendary Pokémon that will appear in the worlds beyond Ultra Wormholes have been revealed.
- Ho-Oh, Raikou, Groudon, Latios, Dialga, Heatran, Reshiram, Tornadus, and Xerneas will be exclusive to Pokémon Ultra Sun.
- Lugia, Entei, Kyogre, Latias, Palkia, Regigigas, Zekrom, Thundurus, and Yveltal will be exclusive to Pokémon Ultra Moon.
- Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Suicune, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Rayquaza, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Giratina, Cresselia, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Landorus, Kyurem, and Zygarde will appear in both versions.
- Several of these Pokémon only appear when the player has other Legendary Pokémon: Suicune (with Raikou and Entei present), Rayquaza (with Groudon and Kyogre present), Giratina (with Dialga and Palkia present), Kyurem (with Reshiram and Zekrom present), Landorus (with Tornadus and Thundurus present).
Finally, it was announced that the next major reveal of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon information will be on November 10 at 2 pm (JST).
Team Rainbow Rocket artwork
Ultra Sun-exclusive Legendary Pokémon
Ultra Moon-exclusive Legendary Pokémon
Warp hole in a Legendary Pokémon's world