Talk:HeartGold and SoulSilver- a return to form or a lazy rehash?
While reading a review is nice...I don't think BulbaNEWS is the place for it. News is something objective and factual, a review is subjective opinion. - RyuShoji
Why does this belong here?
Exactly my point. If anyone wanted to post up a review, they could have easily done it on the bulbagarden forum. - RyuShoji
Uh, I think this shouldn't be in the BULBANEWS. So, does anyone think we should delete it?--The Bulb's Master 13:15, 21 March 2010 (UTC)
Oh, good, someone's on this. Yeah, I read it and thought it was interesting (but I didn't agree that much). Anyways, the point is, this isn't news, I thought I was getting some new information! Please post this somewhere else? - Manga_Meijin2
This may be a good review, even though I didn't agree with most of these things as well, I agree with everyone above me that this does not qualify as a news article. I didn't like seeing that what I thought was a "news article" was little more than someone voicing their opinion on things. --BulbaPediaAid 14:05, 21 March 2010 (UTC)
- It's not being touted as an article; it's an editorial. There needs to be a bigger disclaimer than just noting that it's a "Column", though. Something like "These views are those of the editor and do not reflect the views of Bulbanews", etc, I guess. For the record, I disagree with the article more than many probably do (for example, I do not believe that Ruby/Sapphire were 'missteps' and do not think the cramped Johto Region is the best region ever in a game.--Purimpopoie 14:16, 21 March 2010 (UTC)
The main problem people are having, is that it was posted up alongside factual, objective news items. Now, if an Editorial Section was created (Could easily change the "Message from the Editor" section to "Editorials"), it would make more sense. In a Newspaper, the reviews, tv guides, comics, horoscopes, sex problems, sports etc are all at the back, away from the regular news. - RyuShoji
- First, sign correctly, guys. --~~~~.
- Secondly, I agree and disagree with this. I agree that it should not appear in the feed, but it should stay.
- Look on the article now. See that box with the Unown? Happy? I sure hope so. I'll ask Zhen Lin later to see if he can get those off the RSS/XML feed.
I am NOT happy with that. I still think that this should be a candidate for deletion. This is not news. It is an opinion! They should've gone onto the forums, and posted this. That is what I think. -Pokemon1234567890
- Newspapers have opinions, right? Ever heard of "Letter to the Editor"? Well, Bulbanews is "your community Pokémon newspaper. That means we are an online newspaper.--immewnitythemew 16:24, 23 March 2010 (UTC)